Adairsville DUI Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been charged with DUI, you need to hire an Adairsville DUI Lawyer now. It is important to hire someone right after your arrest to make sure you have the best chance of fighting the charges! Our DUI Attorneys in Adairsville have over 25 years of experience defending clients charged with DUI. We have achieved excellent results for our clients and can do the same for you. Call us now for a free case evaluation.
Steps to Take After a DUI Arrest in Adairsville
Georgia takes drunk driving charges seriously, and over the years, legislators have passed numerous laws with harsh penalties. Some of the consequences and penalties associated with a DUI conviction in Adairsville include:
- Jail time
- Community Service
- Driver's License Suspension
- DUI Risk Reduction Course
To have the best chance at avoiding these penalties, our Adairsville DUI Lawyers recommend the following steps.
- Hire an Experienced DUI Attorney in Adairsville. It is critical that you find out how much experience the attorney has with DUI law. Someone who is a general practitioner who occasionally practices DUI law will not be able to represent you as well as someone who only practices DUI law. Ask questions and read client reviews to make sure you are hiring the right person to protect you!
- Do not take the charges lightly. Even though DUI is generally charged as a misdemeanor, the penalties are harsh. Losing your driver's license is a major inconvenience for most people. Additionally, many employers do not look fondly on a DUI charge.
- Write down exactly what happened. As time goes on, memories can fade, and you may forget about the details. However, sometimes the small details can make a big difference in your case. As soon as possible, we recommend you write down exactly what happened. Write down the questions law enforcement officers asked you as well as your responses. Write down the last thing you ate, what time you were drinking, and even what the weather was like.
- Avoid any other interactions with the law. While waiting for your DUI to be resolved, it is very important that you avoid any other tickets, DUI's, or other charges.
- Show up for required court appearances. As our Adairsville DUI Lawyers will tell you, it is vital that you show up and are dressed appropriately for all court appearances. It is in your best interest to make a good impression on the judge and court staff. Missing court does not leave a good impression and can cause you to be charged guilty as a default.
These are just some of the steps we recommend you start with if you have been charged with DUI. Our Adairsville DUI Lawyers are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call. Call now for a free case evaluation and find out how we will protect your rights, freedom, and future.
Adairsville Municipal Court
Adairsville Municipal Court handles cases involving misdemeanor traffic violations, city ordinance violations, and other misdemeanors, including DUI and shoplifting, that occur within Adairsville city limits. The Court is located at 116 Public Square, Adairsville, GA 30103, and can be reached at 770-773-3451 ext 102.