Comer DUI Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged for DUI, contact our DUI Attorneys in Comer today. A DUI charge is not the same as a DUI conviction and there are a plethora of DUI defenses we can use to defend your case! Your situation is not hopeless! Call us today for a free case evaluation.
Next Steps if Charged with DUI in Comer
If you have been charged with DUI in Comer or anywhere else in Madison County GA, our attorneys recommend the following steps.
- Hire an Experienced DUI Attorney in Comer. It is critical that you find out how much experience the attorney has with DUI law. Someone who is a general practitioner that occasionally handles DUI cases will not be able to represent you as well as someone who only practices DUI law. We urge you to ask questions and read client reviews to make sure you are hiring the right person to protect you!
- Do not take the charges lightly. Even though DUI is generally charged as a misdemeanor, the penalties are harsh. Losing your driver's license is a major inconvenience for most people. Additionally, many employers do not look fondly on a DUI charge. Therefore, even though it is a misdemeanor conviction, the consequences can be far-reaching.
- Write down exactly what happened. As time goes on, memories can fade, and you may forget about the details. However, sometimes the small details can make a big difference in your case. As soon as possible, we recommend you write down exactly what happened. Write down the questions law enforcement officers asked you as well as your responses. Write down the last thing you ate, what time you were drinking, and even what the weather was like.
- Avoid any other interactions with the law. While waiting for your DUI to be resolved, it is very important that you avoid any other tickets, DUI's, or other charges.
- Show up for required court appearances. As our Comer DUI Lawyers will tell you, it is vital that you show up and are dressed appropriately for all court appearances. It is in your best interest to make a good impression on the judge and court staff. Missing court does not leave a good impression and can cause you to be charged guilty as a default.
These are just some of the steps we recommend you start with if you have been charged with DUI. Our Comer DUI Lawyers are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call. Call now for a free case evaluation and find out how we will protect your rights, freedom, and future.
Comer Municipal Court
If you were arrested for DUI within Comer city limits, your case will proceed to Comer Municipal Court. Court is usually held on the third Monday of each month at 2:00 p.m. in Comer City Hall located at 70 E Sunset Avenue, Comer, GA 30629. For more information, call 706-783-4552.
Contact Our Comer DUI Lawyers Now
Time is of the essence if you are charged with DUI. The more time you can give us, the easier it is to obtain evidence, file motions, and give you the best shot at achieving a dismissal or reduction of the charges. However, even if your court date is tomorrow, we can still help! Call now.