Dawsonville DUI Attorney
DUI charges can have major consequences, even for a first DUI conviction. That is why it is extremely important to hire a skilled, knowledgeable DUI Lawyer in Dawsonville by your side if you are charged with DUI. By hiring an attorney from The Law Office of Richard S. Lawson, you can be sure that you will be protected from the charges against you. Even if you blew over the limit or performed poorly on field sobriety tests, there is hope for your case! Call now for a free case evaluation.
How Do You Beat a Dawsonville DUI Charge?
The first step in fighting and beating a DUI charge is hiring the best representation. Our experienced Dawsonville DUI Lawyers know exactly what to do to achieve a favorable outcome in your case. We are intimately familiar with the defenses that can be used to argue your case.
Our DUI Attorneys in Dawsonville have extensive knowledge of Georgia DUI laws. We frequently find details that other lawyers or even prosecutors miss that help us win cases. Some of the areas that our attorneys will explore and question include:
- The initial stop and any evidence of the accused's intoxication
- Additional factors that could have played a role in the arrest, such as the weather, medical conditions, road obstacles, other drivers, etc.
- Accuracy of the equipment used to measure the driver's BAC
- The officer's background or training in DUI arrest
- The execution of field sobriety tests
These are just a few of the areas our Dawsonville DUI Lawyers will explore while investigating your case. We perform a thorough analysis to make sure we are sufficiently prepared to negotiate with the prosecutor or to take the case to trial.
Dawsonville DUI Penalties
The penalties for driving under the influence in Georgia largely depend on the circumstances of your case and how many prior convictions you have or haven't received.
Possible penalties for DUI include:
- First Offense: 12 months probation, a fine up to $1,000, between 1-10 days in jail license suspension, 40 hours community service, substance abuse counseling, DUI school.
- Second Offense: 12-36 months of probation, a $600 to $1,000 fine, 90 days to 12 months in jail, 30 days community service, DUI school, driver's license suspension, installation of an ignition interlock device, mandatory substance abuse counseling.
- Third Offense: 12-36 months probation, fines between $1000-$5,000, 120 days to 12 months in jail, 30 days of community service, DUI school, surrender of license plate, five years of license suspension, mandatory drug and alcohol treatment, habitual violator status, potential DUI court
- Fourth Offense: felony DUI charge, 1-5 years in prison, 10 years of license suspension, fine between $1,000 and $5,000, 60 days of community service, DUI school, surrender of license plate, mandatory drug and alcohol counseling
However, these penalties only apply if you have been convicted of DUI. Our Dawsonville DUI Lawyers work extremely hard to help you avoid these consequences.
Dawsonville Municipal Court
Dawsonville Municipal Court is located at 415 Hwy. 53, Suite 100, Dawsonville, GA 30543. The Honorable Judge Ronald Reemsnyder presides over the Court. The Municipal Court handles all city ordinance violations and misdemeanor traffic violations that occur within the city limits of Dawsonville. For more information, you can reach the court at 706.265.3256.
Contact Our DUI Attorneys in Dawsonville Today
If you have been charged with DUI or a DUI related offense, contact our Dawsonville DUI Lawyers. Our experience is unmatched, and we are able to achieve unprecedented results for our clients. There are always options for your case, and we know how to fight for your interests. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.