Sky Valley DUI Lawyer
If you or loved one are charged with DUI in Sky Valley, we understand that you may be scared and overwhelmed with what is to come. A DUI conviction carries serious consequences and judges are harsh even for a first conviction. Remember, a DUI charge is not the same as a DUI conviction. Call our DUI Attorneys in Sky Valley today to discover your options.
What To Do If You Are Pulled Over By Law Enforcement Officers
Many people get nervous when they see blue lights behind them and are unsure what to do. There are things a person can do to protect themselves and their rights. Some steps you can take include the following:
1. Pull over in a calm manner. Remember to use your blinker, pull over as fast as your can, and come to a complete stop. It is also important to remember that when you are being pulled over, everything is reordered.
2. Be polite. The conversation between you and the police officer is being recorded and you do not want to give anyone a reason to believe you were being rude, uncooperative, or aggressive towards the officer.
3. Do not submit to field sobriety testing. If an officer requests for you to participate in field sobriety testing, politely decline. The reason for not participating is that these tests are very difficult and many people have trouble completing them correctly sober. There are additional factors that can make it difficult for you to correctly complete them such as your shoes, if you have poor balance, or if you are overweight.
4. Do not admit to drinking. Be careful to not answer any incriminating questions. You must provide the officer with your name, driver's license, registration, and car insurance details. But you do not have to answer questions about how much you have to drink.
5. After your arrest, write down everything you can remember. The more information you can remember, the better. Remembering information such as what you had to drink, when you had it, did you eat anything, how long before you drove, what the weather was like, what questions the officer asked you, where you were pulled over, and your responses to the officer are all important details! Even if the information does not strike you as relevant, write it down. You never know what kind of information your Sky Valley DUI Lawyer can use to defend your case.
Sky Valley Municipal Court
Sky Valley Municipal Court handles cases involving city ordinance violations, traffic offenses, and other misdemeanors, including DUI and shoplifting, that occur within Sky Valley city limits. Court is located at 3444 Highway 246, Dillard, GA 30527. For more information, call 706-746-2204.
Contact Our DUI Lawyers in Sky Valley Today
Our DUI Attorneys in Sky Valley will move quickly to protect your rights, challenge the charge and take other steps to pursue the best possible outcome for you. We know what is at stake for you after the police stop pull you over. We will aggressively fight for your future.