Hampton DUI Attorney
At The Law Offices of Richard S. Lawson, we pride ourselves on being Georgia's top DUI defense firm. We have over 25 years of experience and have used that experience to obtain excellent results for our clients. One of the ways we stand out as Hampton GA DUI Lawyers is our accessibility to our clients. Our office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to make sure your questions are answered. Call now and see how our DUI Attorneys in Hampton GA can make all the difference in your case!
Hampton GA DUI Defense
Like all states, Georgia takes driving while under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs very seriously. You will face numerous penalties if convicted of this offense, many of which can negative repercussions for your future. While you may believe you should just give up and submit to the consequences, you have various DUI defense that your Hampton DUI Lawyers can use in your defense. A DUI charge is a complicated legal matter that involves many factors, from the law itself to the reliability of the equipment used, the reliability of roadside sobriety tests, how and why you were pulled over in the first place, and more.
To deconstruct your case to formulate the best legal strategy, you will need a DUI Lawyer in Hampton experienced in handling DUI charges. You can rely on our lawyers at The Law Offices of Richard S. Lawson. Backed by over two decades of DUI defense experience, an aggressive approach, and a commitment to serving clients with the highest level of professionalism, our Hampton DUI Lawyers know what to do to get you the best possible case result.
Hampton GA DUI Facts & Consequences
In Hampton, you can be arrested for DUI if:
- You are over 21 and your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) measured .08 percent or higher
- You are under 21 and your BAC measured .02 percent or higher
- You are a commercial driver and your BAC measured .04 percent or higher
- You were visibly observed to be driving in an impaired state by the arresting officer regardless of your BAC level
Additionally, you can be arrested for DUI when alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both have been measured or detected in your system. Even prescription drugs or over-the-counter drugs—such as sleep aids, allergy medicines, and more—may lead to impaired driving and a DUI charge.
Hampton DUI Penalties
The penalties for driving under the influence in Georgia largely depend on the circumstances of your case and how many prior convictions you have or haven't received.
Possible penalties for DUI include:
- First Offense: 12 months probation, a fine up to $1,000, between 1-10 days in jail license suspension, 40 hours community service, substance abuse counseling, DUI school.
- Second Offense: 12-36 months of probation, a $600 to $1,000 fine, 90 days to 12 months in jail, 30 days community service, DUI school, driver's license suspension, installation of an ignition interlock device, mandatory substance abuse counseling.
- Third Offense: 12-36 months probation, fines between $1000-$5,000, 120 days to 12 months in jail, 30 days of community service, DUI school, surrender of license plate, five years of license suspension, mandatory drug and alcohol treatment, habitual violator status, potential DUI court
- Fourth Offense: felony DUI charge, 1-5 years in prison, 10 years of license suspension, fine between $1,000 and $5,000, 60 days of community service, DUI school, surrender of license plate, mandatory drug and alcohol counseling
In addition to the penalties listed above, there is a social stigma that accompanies DUI convictions. It can make it difficult to obtain employment as well as increase your car insurance premiums. A fourth or subsequent DUI can result in having a felony on your record for life. Felony convictions can make it difficult to find a job or apply for housing.
However, it is critical to remember that these punishments only apply if you are convicted! There are numerous DUI defenses our Hampton GA DUI Lawyers can use to help defend your case. We have decades of experience helping those charged with DUI get their charges dismissed or the penalties reduced. Do not just plead guilty and accept the penalties that go with a DUI charge. Let us help you now!
Hampton Municipal Court
Hampton Municipal Court handles cases that involve traffic violations, city ordinance violations, and other misdemeanors, such as DUI and shoplifting, that occur within the Hampton city limits. The Court is located at the Hampton Police Department at 4 McDonough Street, Hampton, Ga 30228.
At the Law Offices of Richard S. Lawson, we take every case seriously! We believe and trust our clients and desire for you to fully trust us with your case. Our DUI Lawyers in Hampton will work tirelessly to successfully resolve your case by thorough investigation and professional care. We return client phone calls and emails as quickly as possible because you deserve to have your questions answered. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by choosing the best Hampton DUI Attorneys. Call us now for a free case evaluation.