Lavonia DUI Lawyer
Few people imagine that they will end up being charged with DUI. Even fewer know what to do when charged. That is why it is critical to hire an experienced DUI Attorney in Lavonia if you or a loved one have been arrested for DUI. A DUI arrest does not equal a DUI conviction. There are numerous steps in between and lots of defenses that can be asserted to protect your rights. Contact our office today for a free no-obligation case evaluation and discover how our representation will make all the difference in your case!
30 Day Warning
If you have been arrested for DUI in Lavonia, you only have thirty days to keep your license from being suspended. You or your Lavonia DUI Lawyer will need to file an Administrative License Suspension (ALS) hearing request or an ignition interlock device request to save your license. The State charges $150 to file the hearing request. If this crucial hearing is not requested within the thirty-day timeframe, your license will be suspended. In addition, if you refused chemical testing of your breath, blood, or urine, your license will be suspended for one year, with no possibility of a permit. Call our Lavonia DUI Lawyers to protect your driving privileges!
Steps in a Lavonia DUI Case
Being arrested for a DUI is a frightening experience. What happens from here? Will I lose my job? How will this impact my family? These are just some of the questions our clients frequently ask us. Having an understanding of the criminal process can help ease some of the confusion you may be feeling. We have included some of the standard steps in a DUI case but calling one of our Lavonia DUI Lawyers is the best way to have your questions answered.
- Arrest: A DUI arrest is typically made when the alleged crime is committed or shortly after.
- Arraignment. This will be your first court appearance. However, if one of our Lavonia DUI Attorneys is representing you, they will appear on your behalf. They will enter an initial plea of “not guilty.”
- Discovery. The prosecution and defense exchange information and evidence regarding your case during this step.
- Plea Negotiations. A plea agreement is where you plead guilty in exchange for reduced charges or a possible recommended sentence. One of our Lavonia DUI Lawyers may negotiate on your behalf if a plea agreement is the best possible outcome for your case.
- Trial. If your case cannot be resolved through negotiations, it will then be bound over to Franklin County Superior Court. You can choose to have a jury trial or bench trial.
Lavonia Municipal Court
Have you been charged with DUI in Lavonia? If so, your case will proceed in Lavonia Municipal Court. The Honorable Judge Douglas Kid presides over the Court. Court is held at 851 Grogan Street, Lavonia, GA 30533, and you can call 706-356-4848 for more information.
Contact our Lavonia DUI Lawyers Today
Don't waste time if you have been charged with DUI. You only have 30 days to save your driver's license from being automatically suspended! Contact us today for a free case evaluation.